Monday 25 August 2014

Anna Sui Star Lipsticks

So as a packaging junkie I just had to get one of these new Anna Sui Star Lipsticks.


The packaging is amazing, also pictured Rose Blush in 101


The reason I have 2 is that ASOS (currently the only shop I can find selling these) had the pictures incorrectly listed. In fact the still do, even after sending me a correct replacement... In the picture below the one on the left is Maroon Pink, and on the right is Orchid Pearl. Orchid Pearl is OOS on ASOS at the moment, but you should be able to see that the picture of Maroon Pink matches my Orchid Pearl!



ASOS did send the correct lipstick out special delivery when I showed them the correct listing on Beautylish, so that is good service from ASOS. Beautylish seems to be the only place selling them if you are in the US so far.


L-R Maroon Pink, Orchid Pearl, Rose Blush in 101

I did swatch Orchid Pearl as I did not realise it was wrong until I swatched it and all I got was sheer gold sparkle. I tried to take a good photo but seriously there was no pink, just sheer gold sparkle. As an opaque lipstick lover I was pretty disappointed. The "marbling" affect is supposed to "create a different shade each time." I don't really agree. As lipsticks they are pretty mediocre :( They do have an additional range of one colour lipsticks which may be better.

They are currently on sale at ASOS for £23, a lot for a lipstick when you consider MAC is £15. I did get mine using a 20% code ASOSGLAMOUR which does still work, taking them down to £18.60. Still pricey, but admittedly, I think its worth it to grab one for the stunning packaging...

xMx

No comments:

Post a Comment