Tuesday 26 August 2014

Lipstick Collection: Part 1 - The Reds!

I was hoping to have a Memebox to review today, but sadly it did not come in the mail! So I have decided to make a series of posts, with a confession.  I have a lipstick problem...
The whole collection...

But I do love lipstick! As you can see I am a bit of a MAC junkie, but the range is so wide its almost impossible to find a colour they don't have! 

Swatches and details of my reds...

So I had to break it up to show you and to swatch. I thought I would start with the reds as I thought that would be the biggest part of my collection. It isn't, to my surprise! The pinks have taken over.
To the naked eye, they all look the same...
So we have, L-R Too Faced Melted Ruby, YSL Rouge Libertine 06 Kiss and Blush, Hourglass Icon (in front), Viva Glam Riri, Riri Woo Retro Matte, MAC Russian Red, YSL Rouge Pur Couture Le Mats Red Rhythm, Chanel La Fascinate, Illamasqua Maneater, Illamasqua Box, Guerlain Rouge G Garconne (in front)

On to the swatches!

But as you can see, not the same!

Again, left to right:
Too Faced Melted Ruby - a gorgeous liquid lipstick in a bright pinky red.
YSL Rouge Libertine 06 Kiss and Blush - a blue red, which can be used on the cheeks as well!
Hourglass Icon - this dries down to a gorgeous matte finish, and lasts through everything.
Viva Glam Riri  - a great product for the MAC AIDS fund. A blue based red with a slight frost finish.
Riri Woo Retro Matte (Limited Edition) - my first lipstick! A gorgeous blue based super matte red.
MAC Russian Red - a true red, blue based and classically gorgeous.
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Le Mats Red Rhythm 209 - Another gorgeous red matte (I love matte!)
Chanel La Fascinate - A bright pinky red.
Illamasqua Maneater - A matte cherry red.
Illamasqua Box - A matte scarlet.
Guerlain Rouge G Garconne - Pure luxurious packaging, a gorgeous true red, very close to the famous Chanel Dragon!

Illamasqua is a fab British make up brand that I cannot recommend enough. Click here to see their extensive colour range, including teal, navy and deep purple!  Most of their lipsticks are matte, but they do have the 'Glamore' range which is a satin finish.

Guerlain, YSL, Chanel and MAC can be found on House of Fraser, Debenhams, and of course MACs own website. I get my Too Faced from ASOS, and my Hourglass from SpaceNK!

If you want any information on any of the lipsticks I have posted please feel free to ask. Click here to see pinks, purples, vampy colours, corals and nudes

xMx


No comments:

Post a Comment