Monday 8 September 2014

MAC Haul: A Novel Romance Collection!

So I got a few things from the Novel Romance collection. I decided to allow myself as I didn't want anything from The Simpsons collection (packaging was too cartoony, I like cute but, hmmm) or the Artificially Wild, and I also won't be interested in the Rocky Horror collection, so I needed something from an LE collection right?

Happiness in a bag!
So I got 2 lipsticks. I cannot resist a matte finish lipstick. I almost bought the third (Good Kisser) but stopped myself as I have the exact same colour but in a different finish (MAC Playland Red Balloon) So I feel I was slightly well behaved. I also got the Passionate Quest quad as the colours are stunning.

Passionate Quest Quad, Hearts Aflame and Lingering Kiss Matte lipsticks.
Terrible swatches! The top right eyeshadow is particularly stunning! Hearts Aflame. Lingering Kiss.

L-R on the eyeshadow swatches - 
Brazenly (I believe this is a permanent colour) - Eggplant veluxe pearl, colour took a little building.
Stay Sultry - Violet Navy with a satin finish. There was a hint of duochrome to this.
The Wrong Man - soft satin neutral pink, good as a highlight couldnt get the colour to show up on my arm swatch.
Serenade - The standout, gorgeous veluxe pearl with duochrome. Absolutely stunning.

Both lipsticks are matte but not as drying as MAC's usual matte finish, which is a plus! I highly recommend both of them. One thing I do wish is that MAC had brought out this collection in a vintage style romantic packaging, dusty pinks and gold would have been beautiful.

xMx

No comments:

Post a Comment