Tuesday 7 October 2014

Haul: Illamasqua Lipstick, Blush and Cream Eyeshadow

So my love affair with Illamasqua continues! I adore all of their products I have received so far, from mattifying primers to their amazing range of matte lipsticks. So when I got a nice tax refund I thought I would grab some bits!

Illamasqua always packages in gorgeous black
So if you're ready for another terrible swatch haul, the read on!
So first up lets start with an older product that has been 'relaunched' with the recent Once collection. Naked Rose blush. I got this in a bundle with the Blush Up Brush, a brush I had been interested in for a while and together they worked out a great deal compared to buying separately. You can choose any powder blush with this deal.

Naked Rose Blush and Blush Up Brush
I love Illamasqua brushes as they are amazingly soft, and synthetic so cruelty free.  The handles are a good width and weight too.

Amazing Swatch (right) alongside Vintage Metallix in Courtier (left)
This is a gorgeous natural pink which will work all year round when you want a flush of colour but don't want to make it obvious you have blusher on.

Next is something again from the new Once collection, Vintage Metallix cream eyeshadow in Courtier, a dusty rose. I was originally disappointed in these as I felt the packaging looked cheap in the promo pictures and I didn't like the idea of the product. I am happy though that I got to see them in the flesh in their Leeds store, and fell in love with this colour in particular.

Packaging looks gorgeous in person
Amazing Swatch: Its a lovely soft metallic pink
The main reason for my order is the next two items, Lipsticks in Apocalips and Disciple. Now these are not your everyday colours and I am fully aware that opportunities to wear them out of the house will be limited. I must say though that I have seem some people really rocking Apocalips with everyday looks!

Apocalips and Disciple
Illamasqua Matte lipsticks are SUPER matte and thus very drying. I do not mind this at all as I love a matte lip so keep my lips in as good a condition as possible to stop them looking awful with a matte lipstick look. 

Disciple and Apocalips: Hoping to get lip swatches up soon!
These are so pigmented and true to the colour in the bullet. Another win from Illamasqua.

I also picked up another nail polish in Raindrops, a lovely cloud grey with subtle glitter, and they also threw in a sample of their Matte Primer which I adore!

Raindrops Nail Polish

Matte Veil free sample
So that was all from my recent Illamasqua haul. Looking forward to their holiday collections and also adding to my nail polish collection as they bring out such amazing colours each time!

xMx

No comments:

Post a Comment